Sunday, October 08, 2006

Finally it's over!

Finally, it's over =)

What's over? Actually two things!

1) My People's Association 34th Induction programme for People's Association Executive Staff at National Community Learning Institute

2) My Guitarissimo's Strings Blended III Concert

And how did it go?

For 9 day camp at Nacli, it continued with many fun stuff like:

a) The NACLI 200 sec no NG challenge! Realli stress! Realli amazing! And we took only 23 takes =) Kudos to the whole 34 cohort! It's a team effort =)

b) The Tarzan game when you need to swing across a pond using a rope. Manage to conquer my personal fears of the rope, the pond and going topless in front of ppl. I just didn't care how ppl think of my body. The important thing is completing the task on hand and making sure that the rest of the team can do it together =)

c) Outdoor cooking become a BBQ coz of me :) And I manage to spend only $140 bucks to prepare food for 34 ppl. The menu includes Bee Hoon, Chicken Wings, Kebabs, Crabstick, Hot Dogs, Sotong, Marsh Mellow. Fun stuff includes teaching ladies how to wash and prepare sotong, frying bee hoon using a plate, and finding a dead fish inside the sotong.

But the important lesson I learnt that it's important to have fun during R&R and not be a perfectionist all the time especially during BBQs and cooking. Have fun can liaoz.

Also, it's important to be firm. If I change my mind like the grass with the wind, I will never be able to achieve the final goal.

d) The CED's presentation was fun but stressful! So many late nights just for a 10 mins PPT... But luckily we managed to pull it off! Special thanx to Team Learning! Extra Thanx to Sharon for being Creative Director, Daniel for being the Star, Xiaoying for being the Stats girl! We all worked hard for it and it's over!

e) The Finale dinner was at Breeks at Marina Sqaure. From a powerhouse buffet, it's now a halal restaurant... As a buffet lover, I'm quite sad =x But it's the company that counts =) And the after dinner program that seen me at a KTV singing off-key again... I realli do need to go for singing lessons =x

f) Of coz, no camp is completed without SCANDALS! I'm innocent ok! and you all will have yr Karma!!!

For the Strings Blended Concert, there's lots of first times for me.

1) First time reading a Female Magazine with a girl as a prof! Thanx XH! I realli learn alot!

2) First time asking a girl if she's attached by using cheesy lines like," I notice for girls who use their hp often, 75% are attached, so are you?"

3) First time declaring my "love for a girl" by saying that through the mike when XH ask what time of girls I like. Sorry Tanya! At least you don't have a bf with a big car to knock me down right?

4) First time "marrying a girl" by giving her a fake rose! Kuniya, we are going to ROM in 30 more days! Please note that you have to give me 3 kids, which is the government ideal birth rate =)

5) First time emceeing in SMU. Marge's right... Both XH and I were too restricted by the script. But I'm glad that there were laughters for my jokes, be it cold or corny or lame... You as the audience were great!

6) First time we performed Storm without technical problems! Sibei Heng ah =)

Alrighty, that's enough for this post. And why didn't any one of u commented on my power rangers post? =x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home