Friday, April 07, 2006

Secret to good chicken wings

How do you make good chicken wings?

How come your wings never burn during bbq but mine do?

How long did you marinate ah? 3hrs? How come so tasty? You lie to me right?

This are sample questions that I always get during my bbq.

So how do you make good chicken wings?

The answer is the marinate and the cooking method

1) The marinate must be aim to create a variety of taste and flavor, spicy, sweet, saltish, hot. That's why I use dark soy sauce, chili sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, seseme oil, herbs, garlic and even mustard as part of my marinate. Sometimes I use rootbeer or coke to add in the extra sweetness inside. rootbeer and coke also serve to tenderize the meat

2) The cooking method is simple. Your fire must not be too hot. Do not be too generous with your butter. Use the marinate to baste the wings while they are cooking so that they can abosrb the flavor and don't get burn too. This makes the wings more tender and juicy

Now that you know my secret, the next question will be when will Ah Fu be cooking?

Wellz, you can catch me on the following BBQs

29 of April - Campus Super Star BBQ for Clara, friends and FC
6 of May - Gracia the Chocolate lover's big 21! Guest staring Ah Fu as Chef / Slave for the day

For the SMU peepz, I will organize one for u all soon k. Hopefully b4 I get employed haha =) No matter wat, I will make the Ah Fu BBQ the gathering for the Studio Commies, Guitarissimoes, 7 Till Dawners, S-Kers, ACFers, OSLers, and other friends =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home