Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bassist with pedals? Sure or not

K I am mad... I'm now turning from a plug-in and play bassist to one that's building an arsenal of pedals.

Currently I have:

Korg DT-10 - One of the best Stomp Box Tuner around. It's damn responsive and accurate

Boss ODB-3 - An ok only overdrive pedal for bass. Uses it only as a fuzz box for songs like Time is running out or By the way etc.

Boss CEB-2 - This pedal is old...Made in the 1980s and made in japan, it gives out a damn rich and lush chorus, so lush and dreamy that u can swim in it. It's damn good for soloing and tapping =)

AMT Bass EQ - This EQ Pedal smoothens out my sound

Soon to have:

Aphex Bass Xciter - This will be the end of my signal chain for DI and thickening of my bass tone

Aphex Punch Factory - This compressor will hopefully give me the punch and tightness that's needed

Why do I need so many pedals then?

1) My bass is not that good and need pedals etc. to boast it

2) I'm experimenting with different kind of sounds that I can create. Look at the bassist from Zhen...She's Farking good with effects lor

3) Who says bassist can't have pedals?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home