Saturday, April 22, 2006

HCJC can rock too

On saturday, I help out Luth and Gang settle a concert for HCJC. Thinking that Zhiyang will be performing, I happily teased my friends who love / like / adore / worship him that I will be doing a gig in HCJC and I'll get to see him. All of them wanted me to bring them along, which I refuse of coz. Work is work mah.

Wellz.. the best part is that I only got to see Zhiyang buying food in the tuckshop. He never performed, which doesn't matter to me as I am not a fan of Zhiyang or Zhiyangs anyway (think the HAiRRY Monster that we know from ACF)

K enough of Zhiyangs... Doing the gig in HCJC was quite shoik Why?

1) I finally get to use the word "Tuckshop" after the close to a decade wait

2) Seeing the bands perform remind me of my first gig in my JC

3) Doing a gig like this make me miss SMU and remind me that I'm a graduate now

4) There's an all girl band that can actually play music! And it's the time of music tat will impress me

5) I meet my SMU Junior there and it's until late at night that I realise she's a finalist of Superhost.

6) I met a cute girl called Pamela, chatted with her alot...BUT I DIDN'T GET HER NUMBER... someone just shot me on the head....Or get me her number =) How cute is she? She looks like Chisato Morishita in a chinese package.

K Lets review the performance now

A) The first performance was done by two dudes on acoustic guitar. It was quite enjoyable except that the singer needed pitching lessons and more training vocally. If I was singing, I think I would overpower him and that shows alot about his vocal power.

If you are reading this bro, no offense ok? Do warmups before you sing and please do vocal exercises to improve your range and pitching. Do perform more so that you are more used to the stage

B) The second band performed one song, which is the School of Rock as an openning song for more good things to come. They are quite good. The bass and drums is tight. The guitar solo's is quite ok. The singer can sing. The only thing they need to improve on is more stage presence. And have a kick ass attitude. Perhaps it's coz they are in JC and are too guai... but then it's a rock concert dude... Loosen up and have fun yar?

C) The 3rd band had this amazing vocalist with the lungs of a V6 Sports engine. Together with her amazing stage presence, she totally kicked ass. She's damn impressive. Watching her sing realli makes me feel that she's in the zone and she feels her song. Her band's good too. But personally, I feel that the guitarist should loosen up abit. She performed well when she's in the zone but most of the time, she's in the panic zone...and you can feel her being afraid of the crowd.

Do relax gal, if you can't face the audience, then don't face them. Close your eyes or wear a mask. It works sometimes =)

D) The 4th band is quite alright. They did popular rock songs like Creep, Zombie, My sacriface etc. During the sound check, they were so stiff that Muhd has to pyscho them to loosen up and ENJOY the gig. In the end, they did deliver their show well. Although I still feel that 7 Till Dawn could do a better job then them but we are more experienced, so it's kinda unfair. We should groom the younger folkz, encourage them to play more music instead of killing off their passion with rude comments etc.

So guys, if you see this, you all ROCK! Do the best and you will be the best! Train more and take lessons if needed. Musicianship is never without pain =) Jia u k! And please change your STRINGS!!!

E) My fave band, of coz, is the all girl band. They are quite amazing imho due to the songs they play like Play the funky music, Californacation etc. They are quite good musically and chio too. So that will make them Pretty Talents?

The guitarist is damn lucky too, she has a Gibson ES137...but then she has to use a multi effects, which affected how first she can change her patches for songs... which is bad. She also need to put on STRAP LOCKS!!! SO please do ok?

The bassist is a quite alright. Her bass is damn light, I think I can jump and fly with it. And she's quite cute also =)

The vocalist has a nice voice and stage presence. I think she can charm many guys off their visa cards if she wants too.

Well if any of you are reading this, or your friends are reading this, please contact me ok? I may have a gig for u =) You gals are great and deserve to perform more!

F) The final band, which is actually the first band. They are great and reminded me of the sisimo band. The guy could become Anthony part II, considering that they play alot of ol' school rock n roll. You guys are great. Rock on and rock HARD! Watch more outside gigs to improve your stage presence. Amongst all the bands, you all are the closest that can be branded as a non-JC or sec-school band. Get rid of the guainess and lose yourself in the music. Feel it more ok? and move around more =)

All the bands that performed have potential to be great! They just need more gigs, more chances to perform and more support from the school and their friends.

Rock on HCJC and may the other JCs follow their lead =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry. Hairy. Mao mao.

I think Harry is still better spelt out.

But thanks. Ha.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home