Thursday, March 09, 2006

Angry post!!!!

Someone's blog made me reflect on what I had being doing for the past few years in SMU.

I had set up Studio Comm, a student body responsible for operations of SMU Studios and its equipment and provided the studio and its equipment FOC to most bands and CCAs. Soon, we became a team of technical commandos, able to rival even external professionals, making the office heavily dependant on us for technical knowledge. In short, I had given my life, my soul, my time, my everything to SMU via Studio Comm.

Recently, someone blog that he think that my studio comm didn't serve SMU as he think we should and that we had misused our equipment by organizing FACE OFF as a party for me, the founding chairperson.

1. We, as Studio Comm, had never being unfair to any club. We set the rules, which were approved by OSL and even went against it when it is seem unfair. But I am fair and helpful to all. Ask Bondue, Ask Assoc, Ask SSU etc. I had done so many events in SMU and done sound professionally for them. It is the current new campus and new regulations that make things difficult for all of us. If you want to blame, blame SMU, not Studio Comm. There were people who damaged my equipment in the past without repairing them, and I still absorb the cost. Somehow, the saying that being nice to others is being cruel to yourself seems so true now

2. FACE OFF is a joint concert organized by Studio Comm, Guitarissimo and Sound Foundry. As the main organizer, Studio Comm reserves the right to choose the bands. You don't question Travel Club for choosing Jetlaxx, you don't question Bondue for choosing Jetlaxx and 7 Till Dawn, you don't question SSU for choosing other bands etc. Then why question us?

3. Studio Comm can also organize events and we can do it in whatever way we want it to be. The audience for FACE OFF did enjoyed it. One of the aims for FACE OFF is also to test the limits of my equipment to see how far I can push it, which I did. I also manage to secure friendly relationships with Showtec, which will benefit many other SMU groups. So before you shoot off your mouth saying we are selfish bastard using SMU's property for their own concert, please try to understand more of it first. If other people can organize concerts, why not us?

4. Although I had done many stupid things in the past, it saddens me to see people I had helped in the past, make cruel comments about my Studio Comm and me and my members. Perhaps you had never done an event before properly. Studio Comm came in to support so many people foc when we can actually earn the $$ by working for external companies. We are not SMU's slaves as many people believe. We have our lives, our girlfriends and boyfriends. Me and Gerard even gave up our lovelife, so that we can serve SMU better. We are not like you all, sitting inside your SR surfing on your laptop while your prof lecture. We are all slogging like manual labour, events after events together with the event organizer and our brothers and sisters from SMUBE. If you think you are as good as me, then do what I am doing. Esle don't complain coz I am HUMAN and I will get TIRED and I am a STUDENT and I need to STUDY!!!

FUCK OFF you fucking chee byes bastards who are sorry excuses of a human being walking on GOD's green earth. It's people like you that destroy and demoralize people.

Please learn to see the world from other people's eyes and learn to open up your heart more before you destroy yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home